Our Children Are:
Creating an active school day can benefit children in many ways…
However, we’re not currently unlocking this potential…
- Less than half (47%) of young people in England are meeting minimum physical activity levels
- 70% of the school day is sedentary
- Schools and teachers are struggling to find the time to ‘do more’ on top on an already packed timetable
- New Initiatives are often short lived and not sustainable
*Data sourced from The Youth Sport Trust – Annual Report 2023
Active Learning is the solution, and schools
adopting this approach are seeing the benefits:
‘significantly happier’ *
Teach Active deliver teacher training and provide resources for schools across the UK – working in partnership with Youth Sport Trust and Loughborough University we are delighted to launch our ‘Active Maths’ movement
“Using active maths as a catalyst to raising attitudes and attainment in maths”
Are you a teacher, Headteacher, CEO, SGO or advisor? Do you want to find out more about working with us or want free CPD for your cluster/partnership of schools?
What is the Active Maths Campaign?
During the academic year 2023/2024 we will be:
- Delivering FREE live workshops to clusters/groups of schools
- Delivering FREE live webinars to clusters/groups of schools
- Delivering FREE Keynotes (Headteacher/SLT/Subject leader conferences)
Workshop / Webinar / Keynote
Can be delivered as a stand-alone session or as part of your existing networking day/conference
- Professional Development around the introduction of Active Maths lessons
- Sharing benefits and impact
- Looking how active maths supports fluency, reasoning and problem solving
- How active maths supports mastery, including learning, retrieval, memory and recall
- How to integrate active maths alongside current planning and national schemes
Why host an Active Maths session?
- High quality CPD for your network/cluster/MAT
- Delivered by National Tutors (all costs covered – absolutely FREE of charge)
- All schools given staff meeting slides to ensure whole school impact
- All schools given free access to Teach Active Maths resources to use back at school
Active Schools Conference
We’re delivering a keynote at the Active Schools Conference today at Sandown Park racecourse
A great turn out at the #SheffieldPE2022 conference today! So many brilliant people who are passionate about keeping children physically active.
A great #TeachActive workshop today in #Birmingham. We love talking about the incredible benefits of #activelearning 🏃
Attending the Active Essex PE Sport Conference
A brilliant morning with Active Essex attending The PE Sport Conference at Warley Park Golf Club, talking all things Active Learning and Teach Active
Witchford School Sports Partnership
A great Teach Active workshop today with Witchford School Sports Partnership showcasing the benefit and impact of active lessons
Herts Sports Partnership
We’re at the #hertspeconference22 today! Come say hello to find out more about the impact and benefits of teach active and active learning
A brilliant day for our founder Jon Smedley presenting at the Essex SSP Conference demonstrating the huge benefits of #TeachActive and #ActiveLearning 👍 #Schools #SSP #PrimarySchools #Teachers
Cheshire West and Chester Council SLT conference
Youth Sport Trust Conference 2022
We’re all set up at the Youth Sport Trust Conference! Our team will be on hand to answer any questions
Getting ready for the Youth Sport Trust Conference!
We’re all packed for the Youth Sport Trust Conference this Thursday!
Tameside SSP Workshop
We’re in Nottingham today delivering one of our #activeworkshops today demonstrating the benefits of #ActiveLearning 🏃
Sport Impact Conference 2022
All set for the Sport Impact Conference today at the home of @Harlequins 👍
Sport Impact Conference 2022
Bolton Sport 2022
A brilliant in-person workshop today with @bolton_sport helping teachers to deliver the primary Maths & English curriculum through physical activity. A huge thank you to everyone who attended 👍
We had a brilliant time over at #GESSDubai taking our message about #ActiveLearning to international schools!
Wirral Primary School Leaders Conference
The #TeachActive team are at the #Wirral Primary School Leaders Conference today in #Liverpool! 😀 Looking forward to a great day discussing the benefits of #ActiveLearning!
Read what our schools have to say
Bringing Maths and English alive through Active Learning
Simonside Primary SchoolRead case study
Health at the heart of the curriculum
Kensington Primary SchoolRead case study
The impact on the mental health and wellbeing of our children
Duckmanton Primary SchoolRead case study
Striving Happy Pupils Succeed with the help of Teach Active
Sketchley Hill Primary SchoolRead case study